Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Road to Celebration

One of the best and most fun experiences of my life took place in Orlando, Florida back in August of 2010 and that experience was Star Wars Celebration V. Between the panels, meeting the celebrities, the cool stuff I brought back, the trip to Disney and meeting new friends, it is a time I think back on often.

When Star Wars Celebration VI came around in 2012 and I wasn't able to go, I will admit I was a moping mess those whole four days. Sometimes it is easier when you don't know what you are missing.

So when Star Wars Celebration Anaheim was announced to take place in April of 2015, I vowed to somehow make it there. Especially since 2015 is the year we will see Star Wars Episode VII... can you imagine how crazy this Celebration will be? The fact that it is in California does make it more expensive. When I looked at the "official" hotels, the price per night was crazy at almost $200 a night! The economy is still not treating me well and I quickly became discouraged. But I have since found some more reasonably priced hotels that are near the Anaheim Convention Center. Flights are also not too bad right now. So I just need to commit and do it since I know it will be an experience like no other!

So this blog will be the story of how I (hopefully) make it to Celebration Anaheim. If any of you dear readers are going, have tips for finding cheap rooms near the convention center or want to make a cash donation to help me get there (Ha! Just kidding) please leave a comment.

May the Force Be With You!

No comments: